What's cooking in the Caribbean? This week, we're bringing you our Pepper Pot Soup recipe from the kitchen of Calypso, our West Indies restaurant located at select Royalton properties including Royalton Antigua and Royalton Saint Lucia. If you have the pleasure of staying at one of our resorts in the Eastern Caribbean, this dining experience is a must! Until then, enjoy this tasty dish at home by following the recipe below.
1) Peel and dice all vegetables into one-inch cubes.
2) Saute the onions, garlic, potatoes, carrots, scallions, and hot pepper over medium-high heat in a large pot or dutch oven for 8-10 minutes.
3) Stir in the callaloo (or spinach) and saute for another 3-4 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
4) Reduce the heat, add the okra and coconut milk and simmer for another 15 minutes.
5) Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Enjoy!