1 whole chicken
6 tbsp jerk seasoning
2 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp whole pimento seeds
3 bay leaves
0.5 whole fresh scotch bonnet pepper
1 sprig thyme
2 whole scallions
1 whole onion
2 cloves garlic
1) Cut the chicken in half or into quarters.
2) Coarsely chop onions, scallions, scotch bonnet peppers and garlic.
3) In a food processor, combine the onion, scallions, scotch bonnet peppers, garlic, jerk seasoning, soy sauce, ketchup, pimento seeds and thyme allspice, pepper, thyme, nutmeg and salt; process to a coarse paste. With the machine on, add the soy sauce and ketchup in a steady stream.
4) Pour the marinade into a large, shallow dish, add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring the chicken to room temperature before proceeding.
5) Preheat the oven to 350F if a charcoal grill is not available.
6) Remove from the marinade and bake for approximately 45 minutes, skin side up.
7) Transfer chicken to a platter and enjoy!